Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sissy is in the Hospital

My sister is in the hospital today recovering from a gall bladder removal yesterday. Yes, missed half a days work for that

Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

The surgery took 2 1/2 hours. That's a long time for a gall bladder laparoscopy, which takes 1/2 hour generally. We were all pretty worried that she was having difficulty,mor that things were not going according to Hoyle, but the doctor assured us that things had gone relatively well. There were a couple of surprises, but beyond that, things went okay.

So now she is convalescing.

Her friend Karen was there in the waiting room with me, as well as my brother in law and Karens husband. I also ran into my ex in laws, Rick and Wanda Draper, who were there for her her brother in law, who had some cancer removed. Apparently he's not doing very well, although the surgery went as well as expected.

The conversation with Karen turned a little sour, however, when she told me that my brother in law had filed for divorce before Christmas. Now I'm pretty mad about this, since he's been such a devoted person at the hospital and worried as much as I was, and because my sister has not said a single word to me about this. Secondly, that she's still seeing my ex every now and then. The betrayal is almost more than I can bear. 

And now, I'm not trying to make this all about me. I'm mostly mad at my brother in law. He has no right to hurt my sister this way. If anyone has a right to file, it's my sister, since he abandoned her.

Now, it's difficult to relate to him, and I have to deal with it somehow. 

Pushing him off the nearest cliff sounds like a good option.

And when it rains, it pours...

No comments: